The Purpose of the Retail Orphan Initiative (RetailROI) is to raise awareness and provide real solutions for the more than 400 million vulnerable children worldwide.
RetailROI has 3 primary goals:
- Bring Awareness to the enormous needs of orphans worldwide
- There are over 143 Million Orphans in the world, according to UNICEF.
- If Orphans were a country, they would be the 8th largest...larger than Russia.
- A child dies every 5.2 seconds....that's over 16,000 children EVERY DAY.
- In the NY foster care system, 60% of children who age out end up homeless.
- More children age out of care systems in 1 week than are adopted in an entire year.
- Be mentors for foster kids in your area
- Provide non-paid leave for employees who adopt or who are foster parents
- Establish grant or no-interest loan programs for employees who want to adopt
- Direct donations from companies and individuals
- Making RetailROI a charity that receives matching funds from your company
- Specially marked packages of toys, cereals, and clothing for kids
- RoundUp for Orphans at the point-of-sale where consumers can round up their transactions to the nearest $
* Last year, 94% of all RetailROI donations went directly to helping orphans and vulnerable children.